Friday, January 20, 2012

How to Line Up!


A big challenge is teaching students to line up properly to move between classes. Let's face it, in some cases the success of class (and their Teacher!) is judged on how the class is seen behaving around the school.

So, lining up and moving around the school is a big part of how your class (and you!) can be perceived by others.

A new year and a new class is a good opportunity for me to refresh myself of a few tricks of the trade.

This article offers information on appropriate 'line up' behaviour and also has a few games to play.

Some great line up game ideas can be found here.

A number of educational suppliers, particularly in the USA, offer 'walking ropes' as shown above. Depending on how my new class is, I might buy or make one to use for those exciting moments where we can't seem to stay together.

I also found a lesson plan on teaching children to line up properly.

Lining Up Lesson