Saturday, January 28, 2012

Nude Food Day



Launching in 2012, our school will be having 'Nude Food Tuesdays.' This means that our school will be minimising all food packaging to raise awareness about waste, and also create habits in our children that assist them in considering the environment.

I admit I worried about the whole concept myself, as I love a bit of fancy packaging! But then I realise that I do infact, adhere to the principles of nude food by washing up and reusing my food containers, and try my best to avoid processed, pre-packaged food while at work. Not so frightening after all!

But here are some great ideas to assist those that find the 'Nude Food' concept a bit challenging.

Our school is registered, so we have access to a lot of great resources and lesson plans here.

Kool Kitchen offers some fantastic resusable packaging alternatives for school snacks and lunches. Many items also offer free shipping! Nude Food Movers focus more on the resusable plastic side of things, and have an online store as well. Or there you can always search etsy, which would also mean that you are helping out a craftsperson or artist in your quest for packaging-free food!

Banana Saver

Reusable Sandwich Bag

Reusable food Wrapper (I never knew these existed!)

Reusable Lunch Bag - Organic and Insulated

Apple Saver